Thursday, March 23, 2006

Walpole to Shannon River 70kms


Finally some hills! Western Australia threw its worst hills at us today, and many of the riders were complaining. The more experience rider from hillier parts of the country felt right at home. There are many novice riders and lots of people from WA on the ride, and they are just not used to hills.

A nicer day today, a little overcast and a few showers overnight. Arrived at Shannon River and partook of the Quinninup (every town is a nup) Progress Association bbq and real tea - I had two cups, my friend Anne had three cups. As you may have noticed, the life of the cyclist revolves around food.

A big night in the cafe de canvas - our bar under canvas - and a bottle of wine saw Anne and I off to bed before 10.00 - a late night for us!. Unfortunately I was then wide awake at 1.00am from the effects of the wine and then at 5.00am from my neighbour an 18 month old boy who was not happy about his camping arrangements.

No comments: