Saturday, March 25, 2006

Nannup to Augusta - 79kms


A cool start to the day after overnight showers. As I headed out of Nannup, there were low clouds sitting over the campsite and surrounding trees, and the sun shining through the clouds was very pretty. We headed off into the cold all rugged up for the ride today - the first significant distance. Lunch stop was in a small hall, and the local lions club were out in force with mixed plates of cakes and giant cups of tea which went down well as it was cool when you stopped pedalling. Yesterday at Donnelly Mill I purchased a small wombat toy to put on the back of the bike. He has become a bit of a celebrity today, so I have named him Winston. People ride past and talk to Winston, however, one of the police pulled up beside me on his motorbike and said that I had a small furry thing growing out of my bag and it might need cleaning out.

I did some formation riding today - got into a few road trains and pumped out the kilometres. I am starting to feel very fit now, and my stamina is increasing, which is just as well, because there are a few big rides next week. I will have to do some side trips to keep up my cycling kms! Tomorrow to Margaret River and two rest days - also a roof over my head for a few nights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Linda, have been watching your progress from the office - Highly impressed that a 79km day didn't raise a single complaint :) Hope we get to meet Winston on your return! Karen