Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bunbury to Pinjarra - 109km

An early start today - I was on the road by 7.00am and already headed into a headwind. With a 100km plus day, this was not auspicious. We had some scenic views initally riding along the lagoon which stretched for miles. A lot of new estates out this way north of Bunbury. Finally we turned onto the freeway for a stretch, and then a side trip to Yarloop for lunch. Back into the headwind and down one of the few hills of the day - coasted for at least 500metres before resuming pedling. The push to camp was completed by tacking onto a few bike trains and drafting. I reached camp by 1.00pm - bit of a record day for me. Poor Anne still had 24kms to go once I had put up my tent, and then found her bag. She arrived two hours later a little worse for wear.
I caught the bus into Pinjarra, but there was not a lot to see - a nice park with a bridge over the river murray, and a historic tea room, but the rest was pretty standard. I was feeling fine after a nanna nap, but I still retired at 10.00pm - another almost 100kms tomorrow for the last day.

No comments: